Steak with Grilled Vegetables
The ideal combination- great taste, easy to prepare and low in fat
- 2 quality steaks, sirloin, striploin or fillet (must be well aged to ensure tenderness)
- 1-2 courgettes, cut into thick slices
- 1-2 peppers, deseeded and cut into thick slices
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1-2 tablesp. olive oil
- Salt and lots of black pepper
- 1 tablesp. Balsamic or wine vinegar
Heat the grill/pan to maximum, a cast iron ridged pan gives excellent results. Place the steaks in a shallow dish. Place the chopped vegetables in a bowl.
Mix together the oil, salt, black pepper and balsamic vinegar.
Pour half the mixture over the steaks and the remainder over the vegetables, mix well.
Place on the grill pan, then add the steaks. Do this in two lots if the pan is over crowded.
Cook the vegetables and steaks for approx. 5-8 minutes - to your liking.
Serve with a few jacket boiled potatoes