Hearty Fish Chowder
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, cut in small dice
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound of mixed seafood pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried leaf thyme crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine or water
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter; add onions, carrots and celery, stirring and cooking until the onion is tender. Add fish, potatoes, bay leaf, salt, thyme, pepper, and wine/water.
Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 mins, until fish is cooked.
Break fish into chunks. Add milk and remaining 1 tablespoon butter: heat through. Discard bay leaf, sprinkle with parsley and serve.