COOK IT AT HOME- SWORDFISH
- Four 7 oz swordfish steaks.
- 2 14 oz tins of cannellini beans
- 1 piece (6oz) of unsalted smoked bacon
- 12 small shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 oz chopped chives or parsley
- Fish stock
- White wine
- 8 oz good country ham, cut in slivers
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for brushing and lemon for garnishing.
1. Finley chop four shallots and roast the remaining eight
2. Sweat chopped shallots and bay leaf in the butter, add garlic, beans, bacon
3. Add a little wine and stock
4. Cook for 1.5 hours adding liquid as required.
The consistency should be a little thicker than that of an Irish stew.
5. Remove and discard the piece of bacon
6. Add the roasted shallots, slivers of ham, herbs, salt and pepper and keep warm.
7. Pre-heat grill, brush swordfish steaks with oil, season and cook until just done turning occasionally.
8. Serve on preheated plates over bean stew- garnish with lemon wedges.