Eat Cork 2010 Food Festival
The Eat Cork 2010 Food Festival took place in the City between 23rd – 26th September 2010, and naturally the real home of good food played a central part!!
The brain-child of Dianne Curtin, Food Writer and Rose-Anne Kidney of Goldiefish Events, Eat Cork 2010 was launched in the English Market and throughout the weekend food tours and workshops were staged in the Market.
The Festival workshops held on Sunday featured sausage making and cake baking, as well as sessions on meat cuts and preparing fish. Dianne did her bit with a typically useful workshop on Budget Shopping at the Market . All ingredients in her excellent value dishes were sourced in the English Market.
Well done to everyone involved and here’s hoping Eat Cork becomes a permanent fixture.
ENGLISH MARKET WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Sunday, September 26 · 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- 12.00 p.m.: BUDGET SHOPPING AT THE MARKET with food writer Dianne Curtin
- 12.30 p.m.: LEARN THE CUTS with English Market Butcher Tom Durcan
- 1.00 p.m. & 2.00 p.m. HEAVENS CAKES BAKING AND DECORATING CLASSES FOR KIDS (8- 12yrs) - Barbara Icke, including some speciality fun decorating
- 1.30 p.m.: WHICH FISH AND HOW TO PREPARE IT - Paul O'Connell showcasing his expertise in the fish business
- 2.00 p.m.: THE LESSER KNOWN STEAKS - Eoin O'Mahony from O'Mahony's family butchers went through some interesting steak cuts
- 3.00 p.m.: HOW TO MAKE A “CORK BOI” SAUSAGE - Sausage expert, Declan O'Flynn demonstrated how to make the famous Cork Boi Sausage!